7240 Muirfield Drive, Suite 120
Dublin, Ohio 43017
Testosterone Replacement Lawsuits:
Testosterone replacement is one of the treatment options recommended by doctors to men with low testosterone (Low T) to help prevent or treat loss of sex drive and erectile dysfunction.
What are testosterone replacements?
Testosterone replacements can increase sex drive and treat erectile dysfunction. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved different testosterone replacement applications such as cream form, skin gel or skin patch, upper gum patch, armpit solution and injection. Testosterone replacement therapy is a lifelong treatment and the patient’s hormone levels have to be monitored once or twice a year.
Why File a Testosterone Replacement Lawsuit?
On June 19, 2014, the FDA required all testosterone replacement manufacturers to include a general warning about the risk of blood clots in veins on all drug labels. Abbott and AbbVie, maker of testosterone replacement AndroGel, is just one of those manufacturers that are facing lawsuits from patients who suffered from strokes, heart attacks and blood clots after using the drug.
* According to a November 2013 study conducted by researchers at the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), testosterone replacements are associated with cardiovascular risk.
* According to a January 2014 study of the Public Library of Science (PLOS One), new evidences claim that the risk of stroke, heart attack and even death to patients using testosterone replacements is increasing.
* According to an October 2014 study of the Endocrine Society's Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, men who have low testosterone and Type 2 diabetes face a greater risk of developing atherosclerosis. The Society calls for large-scale, well-controlled trials of testosterone replacements to assess the long-term cardiovascular risks it poses to patients.
Here are some of the signs or symptoms associated with Testosterone Replacements:
* Worsening of sleep apnea
* Hormonal imbalance
* Polycythemia (increased levels of red blood cell)
Dangers of Secondary Exposure to Testosterone Replacements:
Women and children should avoid getting in contact with unwashed clothing and personal belongings as well as unwashed applications of men taking testosterone replacements.
Here are some of the signs or symptoms associated with secondary exposure to Testosterone Replacements:
* Increase in acne and body hair in women
* Increased libido and erections
* Enlargement of genitals
* Advance bone age in children
* Early development of pubic hair in children
Reasons to file:
* If you experienced financial hardship through the utilization of health care facilities, ongoing care or prescription medications; and lost wages.
* If you are experiencing physical, mental and emotional distress from caring for a loved one who is suffering from serious injuries and side effects after taking testosterone replacement.
* If you want to hold the testosterone replacement product manufacturers accountable for releasing such a dangerous treatment.
If you are a male or have a loved one who has been prescribed testosterone replacements and have experienced negative side effects, Oliver Law Office can help. Jami S. Oliver is a leading Columbus Ohio defective product attorney who can help you in getting the full compensation and rightful justice you deserve. She will carefully evaluate your case and explain the legal options open to you. Call 614-220-9100 to schedule an appointment.