Xarelto Lawsuits: Xarelto (generic name Rivaroxaban) is a drug that claims to prevent the occurrence of stroke but the side effects include internal bleeding and cerebral hemorrhaging.
What is Xarelto? Marketed as the next generation blood thinning drug wonder, the anti-coagulant property of Xarelto is meant to minimize the risk of stroke in patients suffering from either of the following: pulmonary embolism or blood clot in the lungs, non-valvular atrial fibrillation not associated with valve problems and deep vein thrombosis or blood clot in deep veins in the lower body extremities.
Why File a Xarelto Lawsuit? Though it was approved by the FDA in 2011, medical experts have linked Xarelto to irreversible and serious cerebral hemorrhaging, internal bleeding and even death of patients. In 2013, the FDA issued a warning letter to the maker of Xarelto, noting that a print advertisement for the drug minimized the risks associated with it and made a misleading claim. Specifically, the FDA warned that including the risk information without any of the emphasis that was included on the benefits section made it seem as though the risks were not important. The agency noted in its letter that the most common adverse reactions with Xarelto were bleeding complications.
Here are some of the signs or symptoms associated with Xarelto medication:
- Unusual gum bleeding and/or nose bleeding
- Heavier than normal menstrual bleeding
- Blood in your cough or vomit
- Excessive pain, swelling or new drainage at wound sites
- Bleeding from the rectum after taking Xarelto
Reasons to file:
- If you experienced financial hardship through the utilization of health care facilities, ongoing care or prescription medications; and lost wages.
- If you are experiencing emotional distress from the side-effects for from caring from a loved one who is suffering from medical problems
- If you are burdened by the cost of funeral expenses because of uncontrolled bleeding caused by Xarelto
- If you want to hold Bayer and Janssen Pharmaceuticals accountable for releasing such a dangerous drug.
If you or a loved one is taking Xarelto, you may be at risk for to irreversible and serious cerebral hemorrhaging, internal bleeding and even early death. Jami S. Oliver is a leading Columbus Ohio defective product attorney who can help you in getting the full compensation and rightful justice you deserve. She will carefully evaluate your case and explain the legal options open to you.
Contact Oliver Law Office at (614)220-9100 or fill out the online form immediately to make certain that you do not relinquish your right to potential compensation.