Recalls, Reports and Lawsuits
Mirena is a hormonal intrauterine device (IUD) that is fitted inside the uterus for long-term, reversible birth control.What is Mirena?
Marketed as the “second generation” contraceptive, Bayer Pharmaceuticals’ Mirena (levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system) has risen in popularity among women who are looking for protection against pregnancy for up to 5 years. With Mirena, women need not worry about taking a daily pill while still relying on the fact that it has a failure rate of less than 1 percent. Compared with most oral contraceptives, Mirena is the more convenient and more effective birth control option.Why File a Mirena Lawsuit?
Though it was approved by the FDA in 2000, a study published by the Department of Radiology at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center has linked Mirena with perforation of the uterus because the device has a tendency to migrate from its normal position in the uterus. Ectopic pregnancy, pelvic inflammatory disease and even device expulsion are some of the other dangerous, life-threatening side effects of Mirena. Bayer claims that these are rare occurrences but the study proved that these are frequent complications. Lawsuits filed against Bayer claimed that the manufacturer failed to warn the public of its dangerous risks.
Here are some of the signs or symptoms associated with Mirena IUD:
- Severe abdominal/pelvic pain
- Heavy or ongoing vaginal bleeding
- Unusual vaginal discharge
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Severe pain in your side or lower stomach
- Extreme dizziness or severe headache
- Depressed/altered mood
- If you experienced financial hardship through the utilization of health care facilities, ongoing care or prescription medications; and lost wages.
- If you are experiencing emotional distress from caring for a loved one who is suffering from serious injuries and side effects of Mirena.
- If you are burdened by the cost of funeral expenses because of complete hysterectomy complications caused by Mirena.
- If you want to hold Bayer Pharmaceuticals accountable for releasing such a defective product.
If you or a loved one has suffered any side effects or required surgical removal of the Mirena IUD, you may have experienced damage in your internal organs and are already at risk for debilitating, sometimes life-threatening, side effects. Jami S. Oliver is a leading Columbus Ohio defective product attorney who can help you in getting the full compensation and rightful justice you deserve. She will carefully evaluate your case and explain the legal options open to you.
Contact Oliver Law Office at (614)220-9100 or fill out the online form immediately to make certain that you do not relinquish your right to potential compensation.