Recalls, Reports and Lawsuits
IVC FilterIVC Filter Lawsuits:
An IVC filter is a small metal device that is surgically fitted in the inferior vena cava (a large blood vessel that takes blood back to the heart) to prevent blood clots from traveling to the lungs.What is an IVC Filter?
An IVC filter is a small mesh strainer made of thin wires that is positioned in the center of the inferior vena cava to filter blood clots and prevent them from reaching the heart or lungs. Available as permanent surgery option only in the past, new IVC filters can be left permanently or be removed from the blood vessel later. Doctors may recommend using an optionally retrievable filter depending on a number of factors such as your ability to take blood thinning medication as well as your risk level for forming new blood clots.Why File an IVC Filter Lawsuit?
IVC filters are designed to treat people at risk for pulmonary embolism due to heart attack, stroke, obesity, lung conditions and other medical problems. But in August 2010, the FDA issued an alert after receiving over 900 adverse event reports of IVC filter fracture and perforation as well as filter migration to the lungs or heart.Here are some of the complications associated with IVC Filter failure:
- Severe pain in the heart, chest or elsewhere
- Perforation of tissue, vessels and organs
- Respiratory compromise
- Hematoma or nerve injury at the puncture site
- Pulmonary embolus
- If you experienced financial hardship through the utilization of health care facilities, ongoing care or prescription medications; and lost wages.
- If you believe an IVC filter has caused you life-threatening medical problems, complications, and injuries.
- If you are experiencing physical, mental and emotional distress from caring for a loved one who is suffering from serious injuries and side effects of a defective IVC filter.
- If you want to hold the IVC filter manufacturers accountable for releasing such a defective product.
If you, or someone you love, had an IVC filter as part of your treatment to prevent blood clots, you may be at risk for potentially life-threatening injuries, such as perforation of organ walls, internal bleeding, and bleeding in and around the heart. Jami S. Oliver is a leading Columbus Ohio defective product attorney who can help you in getting the full compensation and rightful justice you deserve. She will carefully evaluate your case and explain the legal options open to you.
Contact Oliver Law Office at (614)220-9100 or fill out the online form immediately to make certain that you do not relinquish your right to potential compensation.